When do I know it is time to have my brakes looked at?
If you are experiencing any of the following:
- Any change in the way that your brakes feel such as sponginess, grinding or pulsation
- If your vehicle pulls in one direction during braking
- If the vehicle vibrates during braking (not to be confused with ABS) If it takes longer than normal to stop
- Or when it is recommended during a regular scheduled maintenance inspection
What is the purpose of Brake Fluid?
Brake fluid is the hydraulic fluid that transfers your braking force from the pedal through your brake lines to the brake components. It’s also affected by a number of factors such as the environment, corrosion and your personal driving habits.
When do I need to replace my Brake Fluid?
Age of brake fluid, the level of corrosion as well as your driving habits are all factors when brake fluids need to be replaced. With that being said, we recommend every 2 years. Studies do show that by 36 months, some brake fluids have lost corrosion inhibitors by 91%.
How long does a Brake Inspection, Brake Replacement or Brake Fluid Flush take?
Approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Timing is dependent on amount of work required and number of parts being replaced. When you come in for your appointment, oue service advisors will be able to confirm the timing for your specific vehicle.
Brake Fluid Flush:
Approximately 1-1.5 hours.
*When you come in for your appointment, our Service Advisors will be able to confirm the timing for your specific vehicle.
Included in your Brake Inspection
- Our Factory Trained Toyota Technicians will road test your vehicle and complete an evaluation of your braking system.
- Provide a written estimate detailing recommended service or repair and cost associated.
- The brake evaluation will be credited towards your brake repairs should you choose to complete the work.
- Road test to confirm brake functionality and safety.
Brake Inspections start from $60 plus tax
Included in your Brake Service
- Our Factory Trained Toyota Technicians will remove the brake pads and shims and clean all grease.
- Will remove rust scale and dirt build up from pads.
- Carefully clean the calipers.
- Deglaze rotor surface in the case of disc brakes or remove rust scale around edge of brake drum or drum brakes.
- Re-assemble and road rest to confirm brake functionality and safety.
Brake Services start from $116.95 plus tax
Included in your Brake Fluid Flush
- Our Factory Trained Toyota Technicians will inspect the condition of your brake fluid
- Advise wheather it is time to have the fluid replaced due to age or condition.
- Will drain the old brake fluid and completely flush the system. Refill with Toyota brake fluid.
- Road test to confirm functionatlity and safety
Brake Fluid Flush start from $122.95 plus tax
* Brake Replacement pricing is dependent on the amount of work required, the number of parts being replaced, as well as vehicle type. When you come in for your appointment, our service advisors will be able to confirm the pricing for your specific vehicle.